Considering well being when making strategic decisions benefits staff and students. I was inspired by this post.
This year we have put the wellbeing of staff and children at the centre of our School Improvement Plan. In this short blog post I’ll be talking about our staff wellbeing work.
Some of the actions we have taken to improve staff wellbeing this year include:
- More consultation about changes to the way we do things
- Changes to PPA time to give you more time working as a year team
- Allocated time in PDMs to carry out admin tasks and keep working environments looking good
- Saying ‘thank you’ publically, for example on the Shout Out board
- Leaders taking account of wellbeing before asking you to do anything
- Adding wellbeing advice to staff notes
- Restricting ‘all staff’ emails to mainly staff notes
- Wellbeing time allocated the latest non-pupil day
- Changed the marking policy to reduce time spent marking
- Been very public about the importance of wellbeing
- EH4MH training and consultation time
View original post 377 more words